Why become a member of MRTG?
Main role of MRTG
MRTG provides a wide range of roofing-specific trade courses and roofing-related health and safety courses.
Key benefits of being a MRTG Member
- Groups are able to cost and source courses specifically designed for the roofing industry and the needs of the group’s member companies.
- When funding is available from CITB, NFRC or other sources, MRTG supports its members with free or subsidised training (funding rules will apply).
- The group is used as a forum to gain access to CITB, the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS), manufacturers, trade associations, the Institute of Roofing (IoR) and other agencies, to put forward suggestions and criticisms.
- RTG’s are able to obtain early information and keep up to date with changes and initiatives that might or will affect the roofing industry, such as changes to legislation, grants, building regulations, European directives, environmental issues, technological developments and changes in materials, equipment and tools.
- Groups work with local CITB staff and can assist member companies with CITB grant and funding claims.
- Information on, and an input into, the development of NVQs with the ability to arrange assessments as required.
- PR stories and editorials regarding the groups and their members’ activities for inclusion in NFRC Times,Roofing Today Magazine and RCI Magazine and other roofing sector publications.
- Exchange of best practice with other national roof training groups.
- Information can be sent out to member companies through mailshots and newsletters.
- MRTG works with various assessment centres, assists in training assessors to gain A1 and V1 qualifications and then provide a service to members for on-site assessment and training (OSAT), experienced worker practical assessment (EWPA) and work based recorders (WBR).
- Advice on apprenticeship programmes including available funding.
How roofing contractors can benefit from training
- Job done right first time and Less waste on site.
- Higher motivation of workforce.
- Increased turnover per employee.
- Structured planning of workforce and their training requirements for now and the future.
- Lower loss and turnover of employees.
- Improved understanding of each person’s role and internal communications.
- Reduced risk of accidents.
- Avoid litigation.
- Attract better operatives and staff to your company with clearly defined opportunities.
- Repeat business with satisfied clients.
- Qualify the workforce and get the relevant CSCS Card.